Acorn are looking to recruit two Reliability Engineers (one electrical and one mechanical) for our client, Vale Europe, Nickel Refinery in Clydach, South Wales.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the purpose of the Reliability Engineering role is to provide engineering services associated to delivering necessary reliability of the equipment in order to achieve area plan. These services include engineering assessments, leading equipment Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEAs), developing service strategies (short and long term), engineering solutions through design, continuous improvement and coordinating FEL studies.
* Conduct and/or coordinate assessments on equipment and infrastructure to develop risk profiles and mitigation strategies for Safety, Health, Environmental and Operational threats to the business (Prescribe).
* Facilitate meetings with management teams to discuss potential risks and recommend control actions (Coordinate).
* Support management to develop Shutdown (PMP), 5-Year Operating Master Schedule and COMAH written scheme (Life-of-Plant) maintenance plans by projecting required maintenance work (Coordinate)
* Develop and maintain Asset Integrity Program for site (Coordinate)
* Set, establish and optimize service strategy for assets (Prescribe)
* Lead and/or support equipment failure investigations using FMEA and RCFA tools (Coordinate)
* Support business case development (Capital and Operating) (Service Giving)
* Analyse data to identify chronic and costly equipment problems, eliminating repetitive failures, reducing maintenance cost and improving reliability (Coordinate)
* Initiate and lead improvement initiatives (CI Projects) and special projects as required (Service Giving)
* Coordinate Engineering Studies(FEL) and Detailed Design (Coordinate)
* Enter/screen engineering requests and coordinate external engineering services (Coordinate)
* Review designs and proposals to ensure compliance with plant requirements (Service Giving)
* Facilitate design reviews and design preliminary hazard reviews (Coordinate)
* Support plant with engineering design (sketches and simple designs) (Service Giving)
* Provide technical field support to the Maintenance and Operating Departments as required (Service Giving)
* Support the maintenance business processes (VPS Technical) and tools (i.e. SAP) (Service Giving)
* Ensure all work follows applicable Engineering practice, Engineering standards and Central Maintenance standards
* Support Engineering Manager in delivering the Execution Plan through development and execution of appropriate engineering support and maintenance strategies to deliver required reliability.
* Lead continuous improvement projects generating savings up to $500K per year
* Manage FEL studies up to $5m
* Develop fixed and mobile equipment strategies with value up to $80m
* Develop service strategies to achieve targets set for lagging Reliability Metrics (example OEE, Availability and Compliance to Operating Master Schedule)
* Conduct up to 150 Asset Integrity assessments per year
* Audit compliance to existing service strategies and identify opportunities for improvement strategy
Qualifications / experience:
Mandatory Certification: HND Engineering (Mechanical or Instrument & Electrical)
Minimum 2-5 years' experience in Engineering related roles (Excluding Apprenticeship).
Preferred knowledge and understanding of Maintenance Engineering, reliability engineering, project management, design, VPS Technical and SAP
Preferred certification: SC or BEng in Engineering (Mechanical or Instrument & Electrical)
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Continuous Improvement
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Must be skilled in data analysis and problem solving.
* Must have strong organisation and time management skills.
* Have the ability to influence without authority.
* Takes initiative and is able to self-direct to accomplish goals with minimum supervision.
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
* Competitive salary
* AIP Bonus 18%
* DC Pension with 8% Employer contribution.
* BUPA Medical Insurance
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Rachel.Sheehy@acornpeople.com TODAY!
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experiencereliability engineer, electrical, mechanical
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.