SCHEDULER (Maintenance Engineering)
Acorn are looking to recruit a Scheduler for their client, Vale Europe, Nickel Refinery in Clydach, South Wales. The successful candidate will be responsible effectively executing maintenance work by producing a weekly schedule that ensures available resources are utilised and aligned to plant availability.
The Scheduler is responsible to produce a schedule, for approved work orders, that will identify plant and resource requirements in order for every non-urgent task to be completed by the maintenance execution teams. To lead the refinery efforts in developing and executing integrated plans. To take a lead role in developing the work schedule for the refinery shutdowns ensure all required resources are accounted for and aligned.
* Execute the "Schedule Work" element of the Asset Management Framework.
* Comply with quality specifications and authority levels set out in the documentation.
* Schedule approved work orders for execution prior to the Required By Date.
* Review the Work Order Task Status Report on a daily basis:
o To schedule newly approved work
o To assist in setting the schedule
o To track upcoming work.
* Identify and escalate all critical issues that threaten the successful procurement of resources allowing the scheduling of work orders for completion by their Required By Date.
* Escalate to appropriate authority in the event that scheduling tasks by the Required By Date results in a requirement for additional downtime and/or resources.
* Work collaterally across plants, to ensure the proper communication of timing and impact of scheduled tasks.
* Schedule tasks to minimise the impact on operating performance without exceeding the Required By Date for work completion.
* Schedule tasks to minimise the demand for resources without exceeding the Required By Date for work completion.
* Comply with applicable legislation, standards, policies and procedures.
* During shutdown periods, participate in all planning activities to ensure that a schedule for all resources can be produces
* During shutdown periods track the progress of all work and report on progress against schedule and risk of any overrun
* Exhibit effective Team Leadership and Team Membership behaviours.
o Produce a schedule every week that will direct maintenance resources of a minimum 30 staff
o Productivity of the maintenance personnel
o Minimises unnecessary downtime of plant
o Produces the shutdown schedule and monitors the progress of work against it
* Minimum 2-5 years' experience in Engineering related roles (Excluding Apprenticeship)
* Preferred knowledge and understanding of Maintenance Engineering, resource planning, project management and SAP
Mandatory Certification: HND Engineering (Mechanical or Instrument & Electrical)
Preferred Certification: BSC or BEng in Engineering (Mechanical or Instrument & Electrical)
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Continuous Improvement
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Must be skilled in data analysis and problem solving.
* Must have strong organization and time management skills.
* Have the ability to influence without authority.
* Takes initiative and is able to self-direct to accomplish goals with minimum supervision.
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
AIP Bonus 18%
DC Pension with 8% Employer contribution.
BUPA Medical Insurance
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Rachel.Sheehy@acornpeople.com TODAY!
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experiencescheduler, maintenance
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.