Monday - Friday
We are recruiting for a EHSQ Manager in Deeside, this is a very exciting opportunity to join a large multi-national organisation in a pivotal position.
The main tasks of the EHSQ Manager is to manage the SHE and QA functions in the Deeside factory and associated offices maintaining approvals via external audits. To actively lead and promote best practice at all times related to HS&E matters, maintain our accreditations to ISO45001 / 18001 and 14001, driving cultural change and aiming for zero accidents.
In QA, maintain our accreditation to ISO9001. Ensure that our quality systems support and align with our products and services so that they meet the expectations of our customers at all times. Where relevant ensure that we maintain individual product approvals.
* Manage your team ensuring that they have clear stretch objectives, are motivated and developed.
* Liaise with all other teams, managers and F.L.L to ensure our SHE/QA systems are up to date, relevant, complied with and developed in line with business needs.
* Report monthly on team KPI, conduct performance appraisals, manage performance issues, give monthly team briefings etc.
Health, Safety & Environmental
* Ensure our internal systems and teams fully comply with the company procedures and we maintain our ISO 45001/18001/14001 accreditation.
* Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all monthly KPI's and statistics.
* Ensure regular and effective communications via safety briefs, safety reps and engagement meetings etc.
* Ensure we have an effective system for monitoring near misses, hazards etc and closing them out quickly and effectively
* Carry out accident investigations identifying and resolving RCFA
* Attend group meetings (UK and EU) representing the company as required
* Ensure we comply with all environmental legislation including waste transfer, energy reduction and reporting requirements.
* Prepare and distribute regular Health and Safety team briefings
* Run the company H&S representatives meetings and action any points raised
* Ensure we have a robust system for logging SHE issues, allocating responsibility and closing out the actions
* Ensure our SHE systems comply fully with all UK legislation and best practice.
* Preparing and delivering training programs
* Recognised SHE and/or QA qualification (min NEBOSH diploma
* Can demonstrate extensive experience in implementing and maintaining SHE and QA systems in a manufacturing environment.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, personal, written and oral.
* Competent in MS Office suite.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks and work cross-functionally to identify issues and implement solutions and improvements
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceHealth and Safety, Quality, Environmental,
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.